Recipe by DailyInspiration
A healthy alternative to the standard Eggs Benedict. Haven't tried this yet, but plan to soon.
Top Review by I'mPat
This made a great healthy breakfast. I used rindless very lean bacon, fresh silverbeet from the garden but forgot to put on the tomatoes. For the hollandaise I used mozzarella and cooked in the microwave and thickened with a little cornflour. Thank you Nancy's Pantry for a tasty breakfast, made for Make My Recipe - Edition 16.
- 6 cups water
- 4 eggs
- 2 English muffins, halved
- 8 ounces Canadian bacon, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, slices 1/4 inch thick
- fresh spinach leaves, washed and drained
Mock Hollandaise Sauce
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare mock hollandaise by processing all hollandaise ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. Heat in small saucepan over medium heat until hot.
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer. Carefully break 1 egg into small dish and slide egg into water. Repeat with remaining 3 eggs. Simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until yolks are just set.
- Meanwhile, toast muffin halves, place on serving plates. Top each muffin half with spinach leaves, 2 ounces Canadian bacon, 1 tomato slice and 1 egg. Spoon 3 tablespoons hollandaise sauce over egg; sprinkle with paprika. Serve with fresh fruit, if desired.