Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is put together the night before, in the morning while baking, whip up a Hollandaise sauce...this also works at our house for dinner on a work night... I just added a green salad!!
- Grease 2 - 8 oz. ramekins; set aside.
- Cube toasted English muffins and place one in each ramekin to fill half way.
- Sprinkle muffins with a large pinch of cheese.
- Place a slice of Canadian bacon on next and top with more cheese.
- Beat eggs slightly; add milk and seasoning to taste.
- Divide among ramekins.
- Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Spoon Creamy Hollandaise Sauce on top and sprinkle with paprika before serving.
The only ingredients that I had were the eggs and sliced swiss cheese. I toasted some wheat bread, chopped it and put in the ramekin, topped with a ripped up slice of swiss. I used a couple slices of deli honey ham and another ripped up slice of swiss. Poured the egg mixture over it and put it in the frig for about 30 minutes. I made a package hollandaise sauce right before they came out of the oven. It was wonderful!!! So easy to make and just the right size. I've been looking for something adult to make in addition to the kids french toast on our breakfast for dinner night. This was perfect. Next time I'm going to try english muffins, spinach, olives and feta.
Very easy to put together and very tasty to eat. Loved it. Used PaulaG's Blender Hollandaise Sauce for the Hollandaise sauce and it went well with this. Thanks Katie for the great recipe.
This recipe is truly outstanding! It can easily be adjusted to serve 1 or many many more. I made this using muffins made using my Sourdough English Muffins and Blender Hollandaise Sauce. Instead of laying the bacon on top, I cut into pieces and scattered them over the muffin mixture. It is so wonderful to get up knowing that a delicious breakfast is only minutes away.