Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Since adopting a vegan diet two years ago, I found the food I missed most was eggs! (I thought it would be pastrami, but who knew?) This recipe combines the flavors of my favorite eggless egg salads tasted along the way.
- 12 ounces extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry of all excess moisture
- 2 tablespoons low-fat vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dill pickle relish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Slice one-third of the tofu and mash in a bowl.
- Add the other ingredients in whatever order you wish.
- I like to slice and cube the remaining tofu so it resembles the egg salad I grew up with: kind of chunky with the yolks fully incorporated.
- Enjoy on rye bread or on crispy crackers.
- Bon appetite!