Recipe by AmyZoe
Wowzer. This is the best chocolate chip cookie I've ever eaten, and to think it all started because I wanted to make chocolate chips and didn't want to go to the store for eggs. Cream cheese is the secret ingredient to these soft and chewy cookies. You won't miss the eggs, and I'm wondering why I didn't always make chocolate chip cookies with cream cheese? Recipe courtesy of Michelle Day at www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com. I skipped the step where you're supposed to put the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes, and they still turned out beautifully.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup butter, unsalted at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In a medium bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, mix the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes on medium.
- Add the sugar and brown sugar and mix until incorporated.
- Add the vanilla and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture and mix.
- Fold in the milk chocolate chips by hand.
- Cover with plastic and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (I skipped this step, and the cookies didn't stick whatsoever. I found this step unnecessary).
- Using a cookie scoop, place walnut sized dollops of cookie dough on the baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- These cookies won't brown as much as cookies with eggs so keep an eye on them.
- When done baking leave on baking sheet for 2 to 3 minutes. Then remove to cooling rack to cool completely.