Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
photo by CaseyandBeth
- Ready In:
2 dozen cookies
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (or slightly melted)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups mini chocolate chips (I use Valrhona Chocolate Pearls, which are very hard to find)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Prepare cookie sheets.
- Beat butter and two sugars together until fluffy. In a small bowl, whisk together corn starch and water and beat into the butter mixture along with the vanilla and heavy cream.
- Combine dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt) and gradually beat into the mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and espresso powder with a wooden spoon.
- Drop 1-tbsp balls of dough 2 inches apart. Bake for 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I now know what CCC (chocolate chip cookie) recipe to go to when Im all out of eggs! These were great for the whole family, my siblings loved them, and they had the taste of a really yummy cookie! Just a tip: remember not to add salted butter... they turned out extremely salty and thick. But over all I would make these again! :)