I found this recipe last year in Allrecipes.com, and thought it sounded interesting. I figured that the ingredients were inexpensive enough that if we didn't like it, it would be no great tragedy. As it turned out, it has become a family favorite. I have taken it to several pot lucks and everyone wants the recipe. It is a good side dish for about any kind of meat.
- Ready In:
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 6 ounces shedded cheddar cheese
- 25 buttery round crackers, crushed or 3/4 cup corn flake crumbs
- Drain pineapple reserving 4 T juice.
- Combine pineapple, reserved juice, butter, flour, and cheese.
- Mix well.
- Spoon mixture into a buttered 1 1/2 quart baking dish; top with cracker or corn flake crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until bubbly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is FABULOUS! I mixed the flour a little at a time into the juice/melted butter until well mixed, then added the sugar and mixed, then stirred pineapple in, and lastly extra sharp cheddar cheese. Used 7 1/2 inch by 5 inch corningware dish. This is so good and would be easy to make a lot of for a buffet table. I used it for brunch with crispy bacon and omelettes. GREAT!Reply
We always have leftover pineapple in our house so I decided to try this. I loved it! One of my kids saw the chesse on the counter and wouldn't even try it. I think this may appeal more to adults than kids which is fine with me. I've never had anything like this, and can't wait to make for our next party. ThanksReply