Chocolate Chip Cookies Supreme
I don't like chocolate chip cookies, but this is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I've ever made. I left out the vanilla/white chips and stuck to chocolate chips, and the texture and flavor of this cookie dough is unreal. Recipe courtesy of Classic Pillsbury Cookies, Brownies, and Bars.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups oat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces white baking bar or 1 cup vanilla chip
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 375. In large bowl, beat sugar, brown sugar, and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla, rum extract, and eggs and blend well. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup and level off.
- Stir in flour, oat bran, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips, white baking bar, and nuts. Dough will be stiff.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 9 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute and remove from cookie sheets.