Secret Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup regular rolled oats or 1/2 cup quick oats
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- preheat oven to 350.
- cover 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- place rolled oats in food processor.
- or blender and process till finely ground( if using quick oats you can skip this part).
- combine the 1st 5 ingredients in mixing bowl.
- in another bowl cream the butter sugars vanilla and lemon juice with your mixer.
- add the eggs and beat till fluffy.
- stir the flour into the "fluffy" mixture.
- with wooden spoon blending well.
- add the chocolate chips and nuts mix well.
- using a 1/4th cup dough for each cookie.
- ( I use a ice cream scoop) place 2 1/2 inches apart on your prepare baking sheets.
- bake 16 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- cool on wire rack.
- store in a tightly covered container.
- to keep them soft and chewy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Well I am now a Premium member thanks to the genorisity of a wonderful member (it was a wonderful surprise as of today..Nov 25th 2007... and I've been having a ball learning all there is to know & what all I can do.. I'm pretty boring really .. I love to cook..& I love to eat... I love coupon shopping..I'm blessed my store doubles up to & including $1.00 and IF the coupons are good I'll buy 20+ papers I'm on a fixed income so by doing this it allows me to be able to share lots of goodies gotten for free or pennies..something I couldn't do if it weren't for couponing