Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wrap it in a tortilla, romaine leaves, serve on your favorite bread, crackers place in a whole bread with the center scooped out as a dip with fresh veggies or eat it on a bed of iceburg lettuce as a salad! Great way to use those leftover Easter eggs!
- 10 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 10 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 78.07 ml sweet onion, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml celery rib, finely chopped
- black pepper
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped (seeds removed if you can`t handle it all that spicy)
- cucumber, slices (optional)
- lettuce (optional)
- tortilla (optional)
- bread (optional)
- Mix the Salad ingredients together.
- Serve as any of the options discribed in the description.
Recommended for heat lovers. Don't know why I never thought to put a chipotle in egg salad, I haven't had anything yet that wasn't improved with a hot pepper.
OMG! This was the BEST egg salad I have ever had. The perfect amount of spiciness for my family (who do like things hot) and I love how all the flavors come together. My boys practically licked the bowl! Thank you for sharing. Made for Photo Tag.
Made up a half batch of this recipe as I only had 6 eggs left-over from Easter to use up. Delicious. We do not have chile in adobo here but I did have a dried chipotle chile which I simply rehydrated and chopped up. Different than the recipe, I know, but delicious. Everything balanced nicely and we had a great lunch with the egg salad eaten on baguette toasts and crostini.