I experimented with different wonton recipes, until I came up with this one. These are a favourite in my home & disappear very quickly! You can deep fry these if preferred. I buy my wonton wrappers from Asian supermarkets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 350 g pork mince or 350 g ground chicken
- 100 g cabbage, finely shredded
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 -2 small red chile, finely chopped
- 1 (26 count) package square wonton wrappers
- 1In a bowl mix together pork mince, cabbage, spring onions and chillies.
- 2Add garlic, ginger, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil; stir until well combined.
- 3Separate wonton wrappers and lay on a clean surface.
- 4Place 1- 2 teaspoons of mixture in centre of each wrapper; brush edges with water.
- 5Bring corners of wrappers together and pinch tightly to seal.
- 6Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, place a bamboo steamer lined with greaseproof paper on top.
- 7Place 5- 6 wontons in steamer and steam over simmering water for about 8 minutes, or until cooked.
- 8Serve with soy sauce or dipping sauce of choice.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Wontons
Serving Size: 1 (797 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.1
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 10.4 mg
- Sodium 83.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 3.2 g