Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I experimented with different wonton recipes, until I came up with this one. These are a favourite in my home & disappear very quickly! You can deep fry these if preferred. I buy my wonton wrappers from Asian supermarkets.
- 350 g pork mince or 350 g ground chicken
- 100 g cabbage, finely shredded
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 -2 small red chile, finely chopped
- 1 (26 count) packagesquare wonton wrappers
- In a bowl mix together pork mince, cabbage, spring onions and chillies.
- Add garlic, ginger, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil; stir until well combined.
- Separate wonton wrappers and lay on a clean surface.
- Place 1- 2 teaspoons of mixture in centre of each wrapper; brush edges with water.
- Bring corners of wrappers together and pinch tightly to seal.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, place a bamboo steamer lined with greaseproof paper on top.
- Place 5- 6 wontons in steamer and steam over simmering water for about 8 minutes, or until cooked.
- Serve with soy sauce or dipping sauce of choice.