Recipe by babygirl65
This is my version of strawberry trifle. I make it with different cakes and puddings, depending on my mood. Try it they way you think you might like it and let me know.
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries
- 1 (10 ounce) jar strawberry glaze
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 (3 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 2 (8 ounce) Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Hull and slice strawberries and put into a large bowl. Add strawberry glaze and set aside to get sweet. (You could use cherry filling, pineapple with preserves or whatever you like).
- Make pudding according to directions. (You could use white chocolate, cheesecake or chocolate pudding). Set in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Bake cake according to directions for a 13 x 9 cake. (You could use pound cake, angel food cake or even chocolate cake)
- When cake is cool, cut into cubes.
- Using a punch bowl, or any large glass bowl, layer 1/3 of the cake. Spread 1/3 of strawberry glaze over cake. Add 1/3 of the pudding. Top with 1/3 of cool whip.
- Repeat layers ending with cool whip.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 3 hours.
- I make it with strawberries, yellow cake mix and cheesecake pudding.
- Try strawberries, pound cake and white chocolate or cherries, chocolate cake with cheesecake pudding -- or whatever -- try one and let me know! Just have fun!