Amaretto Strawberry Trifle
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- Wash and cut strawberries in half in a bowl. Add Amaretto and 3 tablespoons of the sugar and allow the mixture to sit.
- Cream together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, sour cream, and vanilla. Set aside.
- Whip the cream with the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar. Fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Tear angel food cake into bite-size pieces into the cream cheese and whipping cream mixture.
- Layer in a large bowl - if you have a trifle-style bowl or other clear glass bowl, the layers look great in it. Start with the berry mixture as the bottom layer and end with the berries.
- Chill before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Absolutely fantastic!!!! Wasn't sure if I would like the Amaretto with the strawberries, but it is so good. I bought a angel food cake (much easier) and used half of it for this recipe and plan to use the other half to try another trifle. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe, which will be made again!! Made for ZWT8.