Recipe by KacerPie
This is just a simple recipe that came from my mom's mom. Its not the most authentic, but it is easy, quick, and good. I always have the ingredients on hand.
Top Review by Oliver & Fischer's Mommy
This is a great base recipe for a very easy spanish style rice! Super fast and easily adaptable based on the ingredients you have on hand and your taste. I followed your recipe with the following exceptions...added a few shakes of cayenne, ~2 TBS of cumin, ~1 TBS tumeric instead of mustard, 1/2 can diced tomatos instead of tomato sauce, a handful of chopped cilantro, and the juice of 1/4 of a lime. I also used leftover cooked white rice instead of instant. Thanks! It all came together in less than 10 minutes!
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup bacon fat
- 1 cup yellow onion
- 2 cups instant rice
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 ounces water
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt Butter in sauce pan.
- Add onions and saute until translucent.
- Add rice and stir to coat with butter. Cook until rice turns golden brown and smells slightly nutty,.
- Add tomato sauce, water, salt, pepper, and mustard. Stir.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and turn off heat. Let stand for 10 minutes.