1/1 Photo of Easy Slow Cooker Mexican Chorizo Chili
5 hrs 10 mins
I modified a bean soup recipe and came up with this wonderful chili. I make it mild, as that's how my family likes it, then I just add Tabasco sauce to mine. A fun alternative to traditional chili!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel, drained
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 (3 ounce) chorizo sausage links
- salt (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1In a crock pot (slow cooker), mix the beans (with their liquid), salsa, chicken broth, corn, cumin and Rotel tomatoes.
- 2Then take the casing off the sausages and break into bite-sized pieces and put into the crock pot.
- 3Cook on low for 5 hours.
- 4Let cool for about 20 minutes, then add salt and Tabasco sauce to taste.
- 5Serve in bowls with avocado, a dollop of sour cream and cilantro to garnish on top.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Slow Cooker Mexican Chorizo Chili
Serving Size: 1 (502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.4
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 35.9 mg
- Sodium 1160.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.9 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 25.5 g