1/1 Photo of Easy Slow Cooker Mexican Chorizo Chili
5 hrs 10 mins
I modified a bean soup recipe and came up with this wonderful chili. I make it mild, as that's how my family likes it, then I just add Tabasco sauce to mine. A fun alternative to traditional chili!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel, drained
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 (3 ounce) chorizo sausage links
- salt (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1In a crock pot (slow cooker), mix the beans (with their liquid), salsa, chicken broth, corn, cumin and Rotel tomatoes.
- 2Then take the casing off the sausages and break into bite-sized pieces and put into the crock pot.
- 3Cook on low for 5 hours.
- 4Let cool for about 20 minutes, then add salt and Tabasco sauce to taste.
- 5Serve in bowls with avocado, a dollop of sour cream and cilantro to garnish on top.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Slow Cooker Mexican Chorizo Chili
Serving Size: 1 (502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.4
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 35.9 mg
- Sodium 1160.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.9 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 25.5 g