Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I modified a bean soup recipe and came up with this wonderful chili. I make it mild, as that's how my family likes it, then I just add Tabasco sauce to mine. A fun alternative to traditional chili!
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel, drained
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 (3 ounce) chorizo sausage links
- salt (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- In a crock pot (slow cooker), mix the beans (with their liquid), salsa, chicken broth, corn, cumin and Rotel tomatoes.
- Then take the casing off the sausages and break into bite-sized pieces and put into the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Let cool for about 20 minutes, then add salt and Tabasco sauce to taste.
- Serve in bowls with avocado, a dollop of sour cream and cilantro to garnish on top.
I made this recipe for a chili cookoff at work. I won 3rd place :) It is very good. I did cook the Chorizo before putting in the crock pot with the beans.