Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an adopted recipe. I will post an intro after I make it.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place 1 cup sugar in food processor; blend 30 sec.
- (or use fruit sugar).
- Add to softened butter and cream mixture until very fluffy.
- Combine flour and rice flour.
- Beat into batter in small portions.
- Turn batter out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead until smooth, adding up to 1/2 c more all-purpose flour, if needed.
- Press into a 15 x 9 jelly roll pan.
- Score into bars with a sharp knife.
- Prick surface with fork.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 T sugar.
- Bake 10 minutes then lower heat to 300F and bake until golden, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cut along scored lines, cool and store in air tight container. (Good recipe from Toronto Star, very
This is the same as a recipe from a magazine here in Australia, and it turned out fabulous. I did halve the recipe and they turned out fine by doing this. I used electric mixer instead of the food processor, and that worked well. I also rolled the dough out and used various Christmassy cookie cutters, and got about 30. This was my first time making shortbreads and this was nice and easy to follow. Thanks for a great recipe.