Elswet's Quick, Easy, & Delicious Diabetic Irish Shortbread
photo by Pagan
- Ready In:
3 dozen small cookies
- 1 cup fat-free margarine, we use Promise it works beautifully, may use real butter if you have no dietary concerns
- 1⁄3 cup artificial sweetener, we use Altern by WalMart, may use 2/3 cup confectioner's sugar XXX if you have no dietary concerns p
- 2 tablespoons artificial sweetener
- 2 cups whole wheat flour, measure before sifting, may use 2 cups all purpose white flour if you have no dietary concerns
- Cream together the sugar and butter, adding sugar in slowly. Sift in the flour slowly, mixing as you add.
- Turn out onto a LIGHTLY floured board, and knead until thoroughly mixed, approximately 12-15 times.
- Roll to 1/4 inch thickness, cut and place on parchment paper-covered baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350°F Allow to cool on baking sheet, placed on baking rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Once known as KytchenWytch. Both my Wife and i love to cook, and we love to eat, so our premium membership with this site is a partnership made by the Gods. i am a short order cook by trade, and my Wife is a published movie reviewer. We both administrate our small non profit from home, which allows us to cook more often than other couples, but we still don't have a lot of time to prepare complicated meals. RecipeZaar is the best for anyone who wants a quick recipe, or needs to learn about a complicated piece of kitchen equipment...and anything in between. :) We LOVE it here! my sweet Wife has been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. i'm still learning how to cook for Her, so that Her Forever will pace with mine. i change my user name often. sorry, but i bore easily. oh, and just to warn people, i've donated my hair to locks for love, so it's short now ... VERY short. new photos will come soon. About my Icons my darling Wife took Her personal time to WitchCraft these for me. ;) She's the best. She's the greatest. She's my whole heart.