Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Here's an easy and yummy chicken recipe - experiment with different flavors of salsa to see what you like best (I found that raspberry salsa was quite tasty)!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place thawed chicken in greased 9" x 13" baking dish and lightly salt/pepper, if desired.
- Bake chicken for 30 minutes and remove.
- Place sour cream on chicken and spread over breast (be sure to not place spoon back into container after touching chicken).
- Spread salsa over chicken.
- Bake another 10-15 minutes.
- After baking is complete, sprinkle mozzarella over each breast and place back in oven for 1 minute.
- (I found that the cheese browns nicely if you run it under the broiler for a short time.).
This turned out to be a very quick easy dinner tonight. It didn't take very long to cook as I used turkey breast steaks instead of chicken. I was also very late starting dinner tonight so I didn't measure just guessed quantities but it still worked out very well - probably had quite a bit more cheese, which I love. I will be making this again. Thank you Bunkie for a great recipe.
Yummy chicken Bunkie. I had done this before with the salsa and cheese but the sour cream gives it a little something extra. A great quickie dinner for after work.
Let's try this again. It was more "easy" than "picante", maybe because I used medium salsa (next time I'll use more spicy salsa). Excellent. Easy and super quick to make.