Mediterranean Goat Cheese Spread (Ww)
Sun-dried tomatoes are a favorite of ours, so this dip was a must. You can buy herb-flavored goat cheese and experiment with different flavors. NOTE: Gently fold the olives and tomatoes into the cheese mixture; over-mixing may turn the spread an unappetizing purplish pink color. From "WW 5-Ingredient-15 Minute Recipes" and = 1 point. Served on 1 melba toast round = 2 points.
- Ready In:
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup goat cheese (2 ounce package)
- 3 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 6 pitted kalamata olives, finely chopped
- Combine tomatoes and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH one (1) minute or until water boils. Remove from microwave;' cover with plastic wrap and let stand 10 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, place cheese in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 15 seconds or until soft. Add sour cream and salt; stir until well blended. Fold in olives.
- Drain tomatoes; finely chop, and fold gently into goat cheese mixture.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
DH liked this just fine; I discovered that I don't 'love' kalamata olives. It is a predominant flavor in the dip. I did make as directed, but found the flavor of the tomatoes very understated. Maybe some roasted garlic? DH liked it, so I'll make it again, perhaps to serve with some other appys! Thanks for sharing, FloridaNative! Made for ZWT.Reply