Just a quick pie I threw together in an attempt to recreate a "cake" served at the holidays by our local sports bar. One of my daughter's FAVORITES!! "Cook" time is freezer time (although just suggested, I made mine and froze overnight). **Update: As suggested by a reviewer - this really CAN be modified with your favorite flavor ice cream and garnished accordingly to suit the Holiday or event. ;)
- Soften ice cream on counter until "workable" (soft enough to stir in Cool Whip but not too liquid).
- Mix in full tub of Cool Whip- do not over blend as Cool Whip will become runny.
- Scoop half of mixture into each of 2 pie crusts.
- Smooth evenly in crust.
- Cover with lid, if available, or wrap.
- Place in freezer for at least 2 hours. (Could be less, I don't know as I always do ahead and leave them overnight).
- Prior to serving, remove cover and smooth any voids (a slightly warm spoon run under warm water works well).
- Garnish with crushed candy cane or starlight mints, chocolate curls, peppermint bark crumbles, or crushed Candy Cane Roca - my favorite.
- Enjoy! ;).