Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Just a quick pie I threw together in an attempt to recreate a "cake" served at the holidays by our local sports bar. One of my daughter's FAVORITES!! "Cook" time is freezer time (although just suggested, I made mine and froze overnight). **Update: As suggested by a reviewer - this really CAN be modified with your favorite flavor ice cream and garnished accordingly to suit the Holiday or event. ;)
- 2 graham cracker pie crust, ready made (I do 1 regular and 1 chocolate, a Keebler and an Oreo)
- 1 3⁄4 quarts dreyer's grand limited edition peppermint ice cream, softened (1 container)
- 16 ounces Cool Whip Topping
- Soften ice cream on counter until "workable" (soft enough to stir in Cool Whip but not too liquid).
- Mix in full tub of Cool Whip- do not over blend as Cool Whip will become runny.
- Scoop half of mixture into each of 2 pie crusts.
- Smooth evenly in crust.
- Cover with lid, if available, or wrap.
- Place in freezer for at least 2 hours. (Could be less, I don't know as I always do ahead and leave them overnight).
- Prior to serving, remove cover and smooth any voids (a slightly warm spoon run under warm water works well).
- Garnish with crushed candy cane or starlight mints, chocolate curls, peppermint bark crumbles, or crushed Candy Cane Roca - my favorite.
- Enjoy! ;).
Wonderful creation and especially being peppermint. We cannot get the same brand of peppermint ice cream here but similar which worked just fine. Thanks so much for such an easy and perfect dessert. Nothing not to like about it.
This was huge hit at my house! I did one pie Mint Chocolate Chip with hot fudge sauce drizzled over. The other was Moose Tracks with hot fudge and caramel but I didn't get a picture before the gang inhaled their pie pieces. :) This was quick to put together. Thanks for sharing! Made for the November 2009 Aussie/NZ recipe swap.
I tried this recipe last night for christmas desert. I made it on xmas eve and froze it over night just like recommended. My family loved it. It was a quick and easy desert that seemed like I put in a lot of effort. I made 2 pies a peppermint pie and a cookie dough pie. Thanks for the recipe Mommy Diva.