Mayan Banana "Ice Cream" Pie
This is loosely based on a dessert I love, my mom ’s frozen peanut butter pie. Of course, I adore Haagen Dazs Mayan chocolate ice cream, too, so I thought I would try to combine the 2. You may not need the full half cup of butter for the crust, but I live at high altitude and its super dry, so I need it all!! The chocolate chips can be adjusted based on how chocolate-y you want it, but when it’s frozen, it is best to have the mini ones! I may say it serves 8, but my boyfriend thinks it should only serve 2… haha Cook Time is Freezing Time
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 20mins
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 bananas (ripe)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 liter Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- chocolate syrup
- walnuts, crushed
- - line a pie plate with wax paper, hanging over the edges for “handles”.
- - mix together crust ingredients and press into the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
- - slice bananas and layer over top of the crust and up the sides.
- - mix together cream cheese, Cool Whip and cinnamon, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- - Put it in the freezer overnight to freeze.
- - When ready to serve, take out of freezer and grab the wax paper “handles” to remove pie to a cutting board.
- - Use a hot knife to slice into 8 and serve drizzle with chocolate syrup and crushed walnuts!