Layered Ice Cream "cake"
photo by RiBigMouth
- Ready In:
- 2 -3 individual sponge shortcake cups
- 1 scoop ice cream (any flavor)
- hot fudge, warmed
- whipped cream
- sliced strawberry
- Put the number of shortcake cups you want to use on a plate. Remember that this is either two or three layered depending on your preference!
- Scoop hot fudge into each individual cup.
- Next add 1-2 slices of strawberries onto each cup's hot fudge.
- Then top them all off with a scoop of ice cream.
- Stack them on top of each other (make sure that their stacked pretty good or else it may topple over - This parts a lil messy but trust me, it's definitely worth it!).
- Add the whipped cream and voila! you have made my easy peasy lemon squeasy treat that you and your kids'll love!
- P.S. normal strawberry shortcakes you'll just use your fingers to eat with (well at least i do!) but with this you'll need a fork or spoon. Plus, make sure you serve right away or you put it in the fridge/freezer. You don't want it to completely melt on you!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Above is our new travel trailer. We just upgraded from a pop-up camper that we loved, but outgrew!! To a Wildwood 26' bunk travel trailer that we ADORE! My family loves rv'ing, we normally camp up north. Stowe Vermont is so far one of our favorite places to go, however New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts are right on the list too! I love to cook, but baking is my favorite. I take after my grandmother who is a 100% Italian and always cooks for an army. Because you never know if someone may show up around dinner time and heaven to Betsy if you didn't have enough to share!!! Also like my grandmother, I love having parties. So far our house is the place to be, from weekend BBQ's to Holidays. We make sure that we have enough food and always something new to do (games etc). I'm married to the most wonderful man in RI, whom I've known pretty much all my life. I wouldn't trade him in for the world! I also have two great kids, 15 year old daughter who is smart creative and always helpful, and an 11 year old son who is my smart, lovable comedian! Last but not least our dog Bailey. He's an Australian Shepard/Black Lab, who doesn't realize he's THAT big. Who is happy to have company come over and give him a pet. Bailey has been diagnosed with epilepsy. We hate seeing him have a seizure it breaks our heart! I started collecting cookbooks, but by far this website is MUCH better than any cookbook. First of all it gets reviews and comments can't find that in cookbooks. Secondly there are SOOO many recipes to choose from! The hubby and kids are the guinea pigs for all the recipes that I find here. So far I've been making a binder of all the recipes I've tried, tweaked with and rated so it's right at my disposal. My daughter is following in my footsteps and always looking to offer an extra hand in cooking or baking. And she also enjoys trying new things, by far the easiest one to feed in the house! My second passion is to read. I love to curl into my overstuffed chair, a log burning in the fireplace, sipping a cup of coffee and reading a good mystery/thriller novel. Once I get engrossed in it, forget about it, the whole day just passes by without me noticing. Ok.. who am I kidding that doesn't ALWAYS happen, because the kids are calling me for something, or the dog needs to go out or it's time to make dinner. So when I get those peaceful moments (when no one is home) its very enjoyable!!!