Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy, quick and tasty. Add a few veggies if you want a dinner in one pot.
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, 1 ",thick,cut into 1/2 ",pieces
- 1 tablespoon lite olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced in 1/4 ",slices
- 16 ounces sauerkraut, rinsed &,drained (squeezed)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili pepper
- 3 1⁄2 cups uncooked noodles
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
- In a Dutch oven brown the steak pieces in the oil, remove when browned.
- Add the onions, sauerkraut, paprika and 1/4 cup water.
- Cook& stir until the onions are tender.
- about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, 1/2 cup water, tomatoe paste, caraway seeds, chili,and noodles Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, cover tightly& simmer for about 10 minutes or until the noodles are cooked Remove from heat: return beef to the Dutch Oven, stir, cover and let stand for a couple of minutes Sprinkle with parslery& serve.
I made a half recipe for Russ and I Bergy-we loved this so much I think we'd have eaten the other half if I'd made the full recipe. I didn't use beef, instead I sliced up two smoked pork loin chops we brined and smoked ourselves. They were gorgeous in it. I popped a few peas and some red capsicum into it to make it into a one pot dish. I'll be making this wonderful dish again thank you.