Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Large enough for seconds
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 250 g butter
- Beat the eggs and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add the apricot jam to this mixture and beat inches
- Add the flour, bicarbonate soda and salt and beat.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and add the vinegar.
- Add to the egg mixture and while beating add the milk.
- (mixture is very runny).
- Pour into a dish 25cm x 30cm.
- Bake at 350 deg c for about 1 hour.
- While it is baking boil all the sauce ingredients for 10 minutes in the microwave on high stirring occasionally.
- When the cake is cooked stab all over with a skewer. Pour over the sauce and allow to soak inches Serve with either fresh cream or custard.