Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an old family favorite. It does not call for cottage cheese! And oh so good! <><
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Cook lasagna noodles as directed and set aside.
- Brown beef, onion, garlic and oregano in medium skillet. Drain.
- Return beef to skillet. Add soups, water and vinegar.
- Simmer for 20 minutes stirring now and then.
- In a 9X13X2 baking dish arrange a layer of noodles, meatsauce and mozzarella.
- Repeat layers 2 more times then top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
This was very tasty, although it isn't enough sauce to make a complete lasagna. My family really liked the sauce, it's light and not too spicy. I would make this again but I'd double the liquids. This sauce would also be great on a pizza.Thank you.