Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I L.O.V.E using Italian dressing, but the store bought kind can be a little salty. I found this on another website, and it is so good... you'll want to put it on everything. You can very the dry ingredients, I use whatever I think smells good and whatever I have. Instead of a fancy bottle, I use a left-over dressing bottle to store it... double the "mixing" recipe and it works fine. The dry should last you a long time.
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder (tastes fine without it)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt or 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1. In a small bowl, mix all the dry ingredients and set aside.
- 2. To prepare dressing, whisk together the remaining wet ingredients and 2 tablespoons of the dry.
- 3. Store your remaining dry ingredients in an air tight container, in your spice cabinet and use whenever you need a refill.
- I double the recipe which makes 16 oz. or a regular dressing bottle full. No need to refrigerate, you can use it right away but will taste better tomorrow.
- If you want to opt out of the fancy bottle, use a left over dressing bottle, and I write the wet ingredient list right on the bottle -- saves me having to save the recipe!