Fat Free Italian Dressing
photo by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1⁄3 cup wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or 1/8 tsp. garlic powder)
- Mix the cornstarch and water together in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, over high heat until it begins to thicken and is clear. (It will thicken even more once it is cool.).
- Combine all the ingredients, including the cornstarch mixture, in a jar with a lid. Cover and shake to mix thoroughly.
- Let stand for at least 2 hours to blend flavors. Shake well before using. Store at room temperature.
I don't know how this recipe doesn't have any reviews. It's magic! Tastes just like full fat dressing. I've been using it as a sauce on tons of things....veggies, sandwiches, in recipes, on salads (mixed 50/50 with my usual dressings to cut cals)... I joined this site just to give this recipe some love!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the changes to the email notifications and removal of private messaging, I am no longer able to respond to questions about my recipes. Yet another feature change that has made the website less user friendly. It's sad to watch a fantastic site deteriorate over the years. Some of my recipes are on my blog.