If you make your own bread, then you will love this easy, versatile recipe. Cook time is for baking the bread and adding the liquids. The bread can be made in 1 hr flat from first ingredients to finish baking. You can also adjust spices and make croutons for salads too! You can vary the size of the cubes, etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast or 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1Heat water between 105-115°F.
- 2I use water out of the tap, and let it run until I just can't keep my hand under any longer!
- 3Dissolve yeast in water in a large mixing bowl.
- 4Stir in sugar, oil and salt.
- 5Stir in 2 cups flour until smooth.
- 6Cover with a dish cloth and set in a warm place to rise for 15 min or until double in size.
- 7Stir down and add spices; stir.
- 8Add 2 1/2 cups flour, and stir to combine.
- 9Place 1/2 cup flour on your clean dry kneading surface.
- 10Turn dough onto surface and knead until most of the flour is worked in, or to a nice smooth consistency, 3-8 minutes.
- 11Cut in half and form into 2 loaves.
- 12Place in loaf pans sprayed with oil.
- 13Allow to rise, covered, for 20 min or until doubled in size.
- 14Bake at 425°F, or until it is lightly browned and sounds hollow when tapped on top.
- 15Take out of pans immediately and allow to cool.
- 16When cool, cut into slices, and cubes.
- 17Put on a baking sheet.
- 18Bake at 300°F for 1 hr or until lightly browned.
- 19Stir occasionally.
- 20Store in airtight container until you are ready to use.
- 21To make stuffing: 4 cups croutons to 1 cup water, 1-2 bouillon cubes, and 1-4 T margarine.
- 22This recipe makes 12 cups croutons, or there about, so if you are making the whole recipe, triple the liquids.
- 23You may add extra water if it isn't moist enough.
Browse Our Top Lactose-Free Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lactose-Free Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Homemade Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 800.3
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 781.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 139.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 18.5 g