Homemade Turkey Stuffing
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 lb bacon, cut into small pieces before coooking (can reduce amount as desired)
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 lb crouton, unflavored (alternatively you can buy a loaf of your favorite bread, and cut it into croutons and toast in the o)
- 1⁄2 ounce butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds (preferably roasted, you can toast lightly yourself, they add to the stuffing crunchiness)
- 2 ounces whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons herbs, paprika, basil, thyme, fennel, rosemary, marjoram, sage
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup chicken stock, depending on dryness of croutons
- 1. soak croutons in whipping cream in large bowl.
- 2. chop bacon up.
- 3. melt butter.
- 4. add bacon with butter and fry in no stick fry pan.
- 5. add in diced onions.
- 6. add in celery.
- 7. saute onions until translucent and celery is bright green.
- 8. add to fry pan, your favorite turkey dressing herbs; minimally Rosemary, Thyme, Sage in moderation (about a teaspoon each dry or quarter cup each fresh).
- 9. mix all ingredients in pan together.
- 10. take fry pan ingredients off heat, mix with croutons.
- 11. add in chicken stock
- 12. mix two eggs - mix with croutons and fry pan ingredients.
- 13. add almonds and adjust seasoning as desired.
- 14. salt and pepper to taste, not necessary.
- 15. use spray PAM or your favorite non stick oil on pan if non stick.
- 16. put in 9" x 9" rectangular pan.
- 17. bake 1/2 hour to 45 minutes until crunchy and toasty at 350 degrees.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!