Turkey Sausage Wild Rice Stuffing
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Another stuffing recipe, but a little different. I like to use the turkey sausages for this because they already have some seasoning in them. The apple and pecans really raise the flavor level of the dish.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup wild rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cooking apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped (with leaves)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb fresh turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Combine the wild rice, stock, and 1/2 tablespoon salt. In medium saucepan, bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until rice is tender. About 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over med-high heat. Add onion, apple, celery, garlic, thyme, nutmeg, remaining salt and pepper. Cook until the vegetables soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sausage, breaking it up into pieces. Cook until no longer pink. Stir in cooked wild rice, pecans and parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was very good ~ a little spicy, a little sweet. I used sun-dried tomato chicken sausages. Loved the apples and pecans, 2 of my favorite ingredients. I couldn't really taste the nutmeg ~ maybe I'll add a little more next time, I think it would really enhance the dish. Thanks Jess for posting. Made for PRMR, September 2009.Reply