Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
So deliciouse, so easy. Whenever I make this everyone gobbles it up. Even my kids like it. I like it with spaetzle the best. But eiter way its deliciouse
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 small onion (Chopped)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms (drained)
- 3 tablespoons brown gravy mix (powder)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 lb egg noodles (cooked) or 1 lb spaetzle noodles (cooked)
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT sour cream and Egg noodles in a crockpot.
- Cook on low aproximately 6 hours.
- Mix in sour cream, and heat through.
- Serve over Hot noodles.
This was so good, we enjoyed it a lot! I ran short on time so I browned ground sirloin with the chopped onion in a skillet. Added undrained mushrooms, the brown gravy mix, and seasonings. I didnt have allspice so went to the Kitchen Reference Forum and looked up a substitute for it. Black pepper was one for cooking so I just added the black pepper. The mixture was still pretty dry so I added about 1/2 cup of water and let it simmer until the liquid was cooked out. Added the sour cream and served over Amish style noodles with Karen=^..^='s Copycat Green Giant Niblets Corn in Butter Sauce. This will be a favorite meal for my family and will give it a try in my crock pot. Thank you munchiesdeli for sharing! Made and reviewed for the Bargain Basement Tag Game.
Tasted to much like sour cream to me, but I did not add mushrooms and accidentaly bought beef boullion instead of gravy powder.