Easy Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms (or more!)
- 12 ounces light beef gravy
- 8 ounces fat free sour cream (thick style)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry (optional)
- Cook chuck, onions and mushrooms in large skillet until meat is browned and done.
- Return to skillet and add next 4 ingredients. Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring very occasionally. Stir in Sherry, if desired.
- Serve over hot noodles of your choice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
i made this for dinner a couple of nights ago. it was easy and quick to prepare, and inexpensive, too! i substituted 1 tablespoon of dried minced onions for the chopped onions. i used fat-free beef gravy and baby bella mushrooms, and served it over whole wheat blend noodles. i think DH put it best: 3.5 stars--it was good, but could have been much better. i think it would be even better with a garlic flavor. thanks for posting! made for the bargain basement tag game.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Young and professional gay guy who is tired of eating out numerous times a day. My boyfriend doesn't cook (almost NEVER) and I'm pretty good at it. I like to bake, usually do so about twice a week for friends and family. Looking for new ideas...whether for weekend dinners for the two of us or something that I can invite friends over for.