- 680.38 g beef flank steak
- 19.71 ml heavy German mustard or 19.71 ml Dijon mustard, will do
- 6 slice bacon, diced
- 177.44 ml chopped onion
- 78.07 ml chopped dill pickle
- 59.14 ml flour
- 389.80 g can beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- With meat mallet or rolling pin, flatten meat to about a 10x8 rectangle.
- Spread with mustard.
- In large skillet on medium high heat, cook bacon and onion til bacon is crisp.
- Pour off fat reserving 1/4 cup in skillet.
- Spread bacon mix over meat.
- Sprinkle pickle on top.
- Roll up meat from short end and secure with string or turkey pins.
- Place meat roll in skillet over medium high heat in reserved bacon fat and brown on all sides.
- Remove to 13x9 baking dish.
- Stir flour into fat in skillet and blend until smooth, gradually stirring in beef broth.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Pour sauce over beef roll.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or until done.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Skim fat from sauce, strain and serve with meat.