Basic, quick and easy. A simple way to use up leftover rice (it will be much better made with cold rice, trust me.) Make it a main dish by adding 1 lb cooked chicken or shrimp. From Weight Watchers; points values can be found on their site (points will change if protein is added). http://bit.ly/Vb3DQs
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; warm pan over medium-high heat. Add eggs; tilt pan so that eggs cover bottom.
- 2When eggs start to set, break them up into pieces with a heat-proof spatula or wooden spoon. Cook until eggs are cooked through, about 1 minute more; remove eggs from skillet and set aside.
- 3Off heat, coat same skillet with more cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Add carrots. Reserve 2 tablespoons scallions and add remainder to skillet; sauté until carrots are crisp-tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4Stir in cooked rice, peas and soy sauce; cook until heated through, stirring once or twice, about 1 minute. Gently stir in cooked egg and remaining scallions; heat through.
- 5Yields about 3/4 cups per serving. (Yield will change if protein is added.).
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.6
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 419.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 6.5 g