Recipe by Siava
Cooking time is mainly for the rice.
Top Review by Satyne
This was very yummy, however only got about 3 serves from it. Added some chicken since I had some needing to be used along with some broccoli also needing to be used. Directions easy to follow and cooking the rice in the stock yielded a nice flavour. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 cup forbidden rice
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth (or water)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, diced (any color is fine)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tablespoon scallion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté onion, pepper, and garlic in oil until onion is translucent.
- Add egg to vegetables and scramble until almost cooked.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add rice to vegetable/egg mixture and stir-fry until heated through, approximately 10-15 seconds.
- Remove from heat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with scallions. Toasted sesame seeds are nice, too. Enjoy!