Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I came up with this egg salad recipe when wanting a light something to add to my dinner. It is great for veggie dipping and I imagine would make a nice sandwhich spread, too. I hope you enjoy!
- 2 small eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed (use as much as you like, this comes down to personal preference)
- 1 sun-dried tomato, chopped (not the oil-packed kind)
- salt and black pepper
- Place eggs in cold water in a pot. The eggs should just be covered by the water. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse eggs with cold water for a minute or so (this makes peeling easier).
- Peel the eggs and place in a bowl with the cream cheese. Mash using a fork until your egg salad has reached the consistency you prefer. I like to leave some larger chunks.
- Add the dill, salt and pepper and sun-dried tomato pieces.
- Mix and enjoy.
We have an abundance of fresh eggs from our chickens, so I decided to make this egg salad for lunch. At first I made as directed except I used fresh tomato in place of the sun dried because of personal preference. After trying a bite I added more dill. I still felt it was a little to bland, so I added roughly one tsp. of prepared mustard to the mixture. My kids really enjoyed this egg salad over the typical mayonnaise based variety. Thanks for posting Lalaloula. Made and reviewed for the 61st AUSSIE/NZ Recipe Swap.
This was made using 2 large eggs. It was served on a split toasted bagel and made a delicious breakfast. Made for Aussie Swap.
As usual, we enjoyed a Lalaloula recipe! I felt like having sandwiches for supper tonight and this was one of our fillings. It's really good and we liked the sun-dried tomatoes. I used about half low fat mayo so the cream cheese wouldn't be too rich on a sandwich. Made for Went To The Market tag game. Thanks Lalaloula! :)