Amanda's Easy Egg Salad
- Ready In:
- 6 eggs
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- salt, to taste
- Put the uncracked eggs in a large pot of cold water.
- Bring the water to a boil and cook the eggs for 10 minutes.
- While the eggs are boiling, prepare the celery, onion, dill and mix together in a large bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, pepper, and salt.
- When the eggs are done, strain them and carefully peel each one. In a smaller bowl, mash them to the consistency of your choice.
- Stir them into the mayonnaise mixture.
- Chill for at least 2 hours and serve on your favorite bread.
Join The Conversation
Just how I like my egg salad. I must have onions, celery and mustard in it, just like this recipe. I also loved the dill. Those plain mayo-and-egg salads are not for me! I used Dijon mustard for the mustard, because it's my favorite. We enjoyed this on lettuce with tomatoes and olives and the kids ate this with lettuce on lightly toasted bread. Thanx for posting!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I had to update this because we got married in January 2009! Yipee! We love to cook and love to try all kinds of new and exciting foods. I (Amanda) am a vegetarian and luckily found someone who has very diverse eating habits. We live in Winter Springs, Florida with our 2 dogs and 2 cats. We enjoy traveling, watching movies, reading, being active and spending time with friends. <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src=http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/mliss29/vegnswap3/group09okra.jpg> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">