Recipe by mrsmwp
Very simple and fast. Kids and adults love it. Got the recipe from a girl I worked with years ago. Not sure where she got it. You really need to use the tenders NOT chicken breasts for it to be the best. Also, if you just use regular canned tomatoes it will be bland. You need to use Rotel which is tomatoes and green chilis. You could also add some onion but I omit because the less prep the better. This is just dump and cook! This could also probably be microwaved but I have never tried it. Prep time is less than 5 minutes and only 1 pan to clean.
- 1 lb chicken tenders, raw
- 1 (16 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- garlic powder
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a large, deep skillet with a cover pour can of chicken broth and can of rotel into skillet.
- Stir in cup of rice.
- Lay chicken tenders on top of rice and sprinkle with garlic, salt and pepper. Go easy on the pepper if you don't like it too hot because the Rotel has a little kick to it.
- Cover and cook over medium high heat for 20 minutes or until chicken is opaque.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with the cheese. Stir lightly until cheese melts slightly.
- Serve with a nice salad.