Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a family recipe. It is cornbread made by my Southern Granny.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour (I have substituted soy and it has worked)
- 3⁄4 cup yellow enriched cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (I use splenda)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 8 or 9 in pan.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Stir in milk, oil and egg, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Simple and delicious! I easily halved the batch and put the batter 2/3 full in muffin cups since I was only making half the recipe and got 8 muffins that were done in 15 minutes baking time. The flavor isn't overly sweet at all, but we really liked them this way and will enjoy again. Thanks for sharing your recipe! :)