Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is adapted from Yahoo Food. The original was sweet, but my version is spicy.
Make and share this Easy Coconut Curry Tofu recipe from Food.com.
- 14 ounces light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Drain tofu and cut into thin slices. Heat oil over medium heat. Cook tofu in a single layer without stirring about 5 minutes or until slightly browned on bottom. Stir gently. Then continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until thouroughly cooked, about 5-7 minutes.
- While tofu is cooking, prepare sauce by mixing coconut milk, cilantro, curry paste, curry powder, chili sauce, soy sauce, and garlic.
- Add veggies and sauce and cook, stirring, until veggies are barely wilted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with brown rice and garnish with extra cilantro.
Wow! I really enjoy this but will cut down on this spice next time. I only had regular fresh spinach but it worked out fine. I served the curry over brown rice and made Thai cucumber salad for the side. It was a great dinner and I look forward to making this again! Thanks for posting!