Baked Curry Tofu
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine orange juice, lime juice and curry powder in a 9 x 13 glass or ceramic baking dish.
- Drain tofu.
- Cut block of tofu horizontally into three pieces.
- Then, with pieces stacked on top of each other, cut tofu on the diagonal from one corner to the other.
- Repeat the cuts on the other two corners.
- You should have 12 triangles of tofu.
- Place tofu pieces in a single layer in the baking dish and turn to coat with the marinade.
- Bake the tofu for about 25 minutes, turning once, until the marinade is absorbed and the tofu is browned.
- Serve immediately or use cold or at room temperature as a sandwich filler.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I halved this recipe and made this as a part of our dinner tonight. I used a block of 250gm tofu(paneer), a little over 1/2 tsp. of curry powder, a little over 1/2 tsp. of fresh lemon juice(instead of lime) and a little over 1 1/2 tbsps. of fresh orange juice. I pre-heated my oven at 220C and then baked this for exactly 25 minutes at 220C. Served these hot, right out of the oven! This is the "BEST" appetiser I've ever eaten! Everyone in my family loved it and nobody could believe that there was not even a pinch of salt in these! Truly good to have at a party. I love your idea of using the leftovers as a sandwich filling with chutney - splendid! Since these are dry, I definitely wouldn't categorise them under "curries". Also, I'd put them as a side dish and not the main course. These are best enjoyed on their own rather than with rice, since these come out dry once baked. Thank You so much for sharing a GREAT and EASY recipe.
This has a delightful flavor - I made it for a vegetarian friend to have as her meat course (we were having Japanese stew) and she enjoyed it very much. Be careful that the sauce does not burn on the bottom of the dish. I marinated the tofu all day in the fridge in the sauce. I flipped the tofu over , as suggested, half way through the baking it was a rich golden color. I agree that this recipe would make excellent appetizers I would serve them a drop of hot chili sauce and cut into cubes instead of the larger triangles Thanks rsarahl for a new tofu recipe
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a wife and mom of 2 vibrant little boys. They love to create and cook in the kitchen... I love their curiosity and willingness to try new foods and techniques as I introduce them. I love to cook... always have. Thanks to my father for this culinary passion! While I am addicted to collecting cookbooks, my dad taught me to experiment in the kitchen and gave me the gift of knowing that creative cooking doesn't have to come from a book.