Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is such a simple recipe with good results..
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line 20 tin with baking paper, preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Cream margarine and sugar.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Beat with electric mixers for 3 minutes.
- Pour into tin and bake about 30 minutes.
Yum! Simple and tasty cake with a great texture that was enjoyed for desert served with vanilla ice cream.
*Reviewed for PAC Sept 09* My 12 yo DD made this cake easily and shes just started out cooking. Good simple recipe and the cake was a nice everyday kinda cake. The cake had a very fine texture. We served simpley dusted with icing sugar. I wan't sure about the tin size...so we used a small loaf tin. Our cake cooked in around 45 minutes. Photo also being posted