Recipe by BeachGirl
When you need an easy, inexpensive oven meal, this will please your family. A quick version of Southern comfort food.
Top Review by LAURIE
Truly an excellant and easy recipe. I did add frozen peas and carrots and used cream of chicken soup cause it was what I had. crust was super and I liked it as a big casserole. BF the chicken pot pie critic said this is awesome! Then you know its good! TY Beachgirl from both of us!
- 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth (about 1-3/4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 (10 ounce) can low-fat cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly spray 9x13x2-inch casserole with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken in single layer in casserole.
- In large bowl, combine soup, bouillon and 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- Stir with whisk to blend.
- Add remaining broth and mix.
- Pour over chicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In medium bowl, mix melted butter, flour, milk and parsley.
- Spoon evenly over soup mixture.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until a golden crust forms on top.
- NOTE: For a variation, add 1 can of carrots & peas, drained.
- NOTE: Although I have not tried cooking this in a crock-pot, I believe it would take about 3-4 hours or until crust rises and gets fluffy (but it won't brown).