Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a very easy crock pot soup, with minimal 'after cooking steps'. Tummy warming for winter!
- 1 large cauliflower
- 2 -3 slices bacon
- 6 large mushrooms
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 onion
- 1 (300 ml) container light sour cream
- 1 -2 cup milk, for blending (to desired consistency)
- After washing cauliflower, roughly chop.
- Take the rind off of the bacon rashers, and place rashers in bottom of crock pot. Place chopped cauliflower, onion, sliced mushrooms and crushed stock cube on top.
- Cook on low in crock pot until bacon is cooked and cauliflower is nice and soft.
- Tip tub of sour cream on top and stir through. Blend with Barmix (or blender), slowly adding milk until soup has the desired consistency (should be fairly thick).
- Top with grated cheese and serve with warm crusty bread.
Very easy prep, and tasted good! I cooked on low for 3.5 hours and used 1.5 cups milk. I also used chicken stock instead of vegetable. A very filling, thick soup.