1 hr 15 mins
This is an easy recipe to make, you can prepare and store the coating/spread a week in advance and use as a marinade or coating for other meats through the week or thicken up with more butter and use to roast vegetables in. Fresh or Dried Sage and Rosemary can be used. I don't use a lot of garlic in this as I just like to taste a little hint, not a big kick. Preparation takes around 15 minutes and cooking will take around 60 minutes, leaving you time to help the kids get their homework finished, or have a cheeky glass of wine. Oh, This recipe is to serve 4 family members (1 pork loin each)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First you need to make the spread/coating, as this is where all the flavours will come from. Start by mixing the butter, apple sauce and oil together.
- 2Finely chop the rosemary and sage if using fresh herbs. Add to the mixture.
- 3Crush the garlic clove. Add to the mixture.
- 4Season the spread with salt and pepper.
- 5The coating needs to be of quite a stiff consistency so you can coat the meat well, the instructions here should make it well but if it is not quite stiff enough, blend a little more butter into it.
- 6Take the pork and score the meat with lines all over.
- 7Place each chop on its own piece of foil - enough so it can be wrapped tightly when ready.
- 8Smear the coating all over the meat, massaging it in, generously.
- 9Wrap in foil tightly and place in the oven on gas mark 4/170C for 30 minutes.
- 10Remove from the oven and allow time for foil to cool slightly, open up the parcels and place 2 wedges of the chopped bramley apple on each piece of meat.
- 11If the meat is looking a little dry then add more spread/covering. Wrap again and return to the oven. I usually allow an extra 30 minutes but be sure to check the meat through the whole duration to prevent burning or over cooking.
- 12Serve when ready with your favourite side dish - honey roasted parsnips and roast potatoes are my favourite.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Boneless Pork Chop With an Amazing Flavour.
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.2
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 39.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 177.3 mg
- Sodium 560.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 40.3 g