Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from a Bisquick box - a great comfort dish after working all day. I make this with a Caesar salad and dinner is done!!
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 2⁄3 cups frozen vegetables, thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (I use low sodium)
- 1 cup Bisquick reduced-fat baking mix (regular Bisquick will work too)
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix chicken, veggies and cream of chicken soup together and spread into bottom of non greased 9-inch round glass pie pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients (Bisquick, milk and egg) and pour on top of chicken mixture.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until top turns golden brown.
I read a lot of the comments and I simply do not understand why people DO NOT season a recipe to their own and their family's taste and then complain because it wasn't "seasoned" or tasty enough. With ANY recipe - I always think you need to add whatever seasoning and spices that YOUR family loves - then it will come out fabulous! Kind of a "DUH" moment there folks....
Add in 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, and 1/2 can of chicken broth to above filling. Topping do 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup chicken broth, 1 stick of melted butter, 1 1/2 cups of bisquick, salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley flakes. When done take a stick of butter and rub on top of crust. This will give the bland taste some extra POW. Let me know how you like it!
We've been enjoying this recipe for many years. The only change I make is using Veg-All vegetables in a can. You don't have to bother to thaw them and also the potatoes are a nice addition. This recipe is also great with turkey instead of chicken.