Hurry up Chicken Pot Pie (Paula Deen)
- Ready In:
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant biscuit mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a greased 2-quart casserole, layer the chicken, eggs, carrots, and peas.
- Mix the soup, chicken broth, and season with salt and pepper, if desired; pour over the layers.
- Stir together the biscuit mix and milk, and pour this over the casserole.
- Drizzle butter over the topping.
- Bake until the topping is golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Great comfort food, and really easy to make. We always have all of these ingredients on hand and often throw in any leftover veggies. I also sometimes add a refrigerated pie crust on the bottom; it has to cook about 5-10 minutes longer to make sure that it cooks, but it is extra good! This is the one way my toddler will definitely eat those veggies!
I have made this delish dish many times now and it gets better each time and it is so versatile too! Add whatever you like, fresh or frozen veggies. I usually sautee onion, garlic and mushrooms in olive oil and add to the veggies. I usually add cubed potatoes that I have slightly nuked in the microwave. 1/2 stick of butter is plenty for me, (Paula, you are sooo bad! LOL) it still comes out great. No need for the salt as the soup and stock have enough. ( I use cream of mushroom soup.) I also don't add the egg. For the biscuit mixture topping, I add parmesan cheese and some seasonings, like poultry seasoning, Italian seasoning, dried parsley, etc. We like it nice and brown on top, after about 45 minutes of baking, I broil it for another 10 minutes. Using a roasted chicken from the grocery store makes it even quicker! This can be fixed the night before, then put it the oven the next day. Try this, you will not be disappointed! Thanks for posting Mish.