Recipe by Princess Tomato
I don't remember where I got this. This is a really quick, tasty recipe, though.
Top Review by SteveF
Marvelous! Used Panko breadcrumbs and forgot the garlic powder--oh well. It's not like Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning doesn't cover the bases by itself anyway. Thanks for sharing.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix thyme, garlic powder, cajun seasoning, onion powder, black pepper, and bread crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, beat one egg.
- Spray a 13"x9" baking dish with a nonstick coating.
- Dip chicken breasts in beaten egg and then in bread crumb/seasoning mixture to coat.
- Arrange in baking dish leaving a small gap between each chicken breast.
- Bake on the middle oven rack for 25-30 minutes, turning once (optional - I never do).