Baked Ranch Parmesan Chicken
photo by zanot
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Marinate chicken breasts in the ranch dressing for 4 hours or overnight.
- I opted for overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, sage, salt and garlic powder; mix well.
- Remove the chicken from the ranch dressing and coat with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place in a 13 x 9 pan baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until done and juices run clear.
- Time does not reflect marinading time.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I put the chicken breasts and ranch dressing in a ziplock bag. I put the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, pepper, sage, salt and garlic powder in a separate smaller ziplock bag. I put both bags into the freezer. I remembered it was in there and pulled it out for dinner last night. It was very tasty. The chicken came out crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
I did not have time to marinate the chicken, so I just dipped it in ranch dressing then in the bread crumb mixture, then baked it....it was still great. Next time I will start in time to marinate it according to the instructions. I will definitely be using this chicken recipe again. Thanks for posting it, Margo59!!
Okay, so I just wanted to review this again because I made an alteration and it came out great. This time, when I made the chicken, I marinated it and then, before coating it in the bread crumbs, I slathered on a thick layer of ranch on each side of the chicken. I then sprinkled on the breadcrumbs in stead of tossing the chicken in them so that the ranch didn't come off the chicken...it came out excellent! You could definitely taste the ranch and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in the midwest. Work as a semi-retired nurse by profession. Married with 3 adult children, a wonderful son in law and daughter in law. I have 4 beautiful grandsons. One of my many blessings in life.<br />For fun, my passion is photography. It has become an important part of my life and I enjoy learning anything I can about it. I have a facebook photography page Margo McIntyre Photo Creations. I hope you check it out and enjoy viewing my photos. <img title=Smile src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif border=0 alt=Smile /></p>