Baked Tomato Sauce with Pasta
photo by vrvrvr
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Choose a shallow baking dish that will hold tomatoes in a single layer.
- Cover bottom of the dish with the olive oil.
- Cut tomatoes. If using round tomatoes, cut into quarters; if using roma tomatoes, in halves.
- Dip the cut surface of each tomato piece in the olive oil, then place in the pan cut-side up.
- Combine the remaining ingredients except pasta, and sprinkle over the tomatoes.
- Bake 40 minutes. Tomatoes should be very soft when removed from the oven.
- While the tomatoes are baking, cook the pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Place pasta in bowl and pour baked tomatoes and oil over.
- Toss well to break up the tomatoes.
- Serve with extra cheese if desired, or fresh parsley for garnish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We really enjoyed this. My 4 tomatoes were very large, so I used 2 additional cloves of garlic. The finished dish needed a bit more salt. I served this over 3/4 lb. of angel hair pasta. The flavor was subtle but had nice depth and was warm and comforting. I tried to reduce the amount of olive oil used, but ended up needing all of it to keep the tomatoes moist while roasting. This made a delicious dinner enjoyed by all 5 of us.