Norwegian Dilled Cucumber Salad
This wonderful Taste of Home recipe is quick, easy and surprisingly tasty. Versions of this salad are found all across the colder parts of Europe in one form or another. I prefer the sour cream version over the mayonnaise version.
- Ready In:
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Place cucumbers in a colander over a bowl; sprinkle with salt and toss. Let stand 15 minutes. Squeeze and blot dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients then stir in cucumbers. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 4 more